Continuous washing and drying machines
ATLAS 30.11.11 • ATLAS 40.11.12 • ATLAS 40.22.11 • ATLAS 50.22.22 • ATLAS 60.22.33 (and derived models)
Automatic format change
It is possible to integrate the innovative automatic changeover system. Read More »
Fields of application
Plants for the production of fish, meat, vegetables, dairy products, fruit, sweets, etc..
The ATLAS series of single-block washer/dryers are tunnel machines used for the continuous washing and drying of packaged food products in a wide variety of containers (glass jars and bottles, metal cans, thermoplastic tubs and buckets, doypack or flat multilayer aluminium bags).
They are usually inserted in the packaging lines between the pasteurisation tunnel (or the sterilisation autoclave) and the labelling machine (or the batch/expiry date marker), but in lines with high hourly production rates they are also positioned upstream of the pasteuriser or steriliser in place of the NETTUNO series washing machines. Like the latter, their task in this position of the line is to prevent the dirt covering the containers (following the filling and closing operations) from transferring inside these machines, making it much more difficult if not impossible to wash the containers before labelling them. However, unlike the NETTUNO series washing machines, thanks to their final draining stage they retain the washing water covering the processed formats inside them, thus obtaining an enormous saving in water and energy to heat it.
- Structure made of stainless steel;
- Centrifugal washing pumps made of AISI 316L stainless steel;
- Washing pressure regulation system;
- Washing water containment tanks with thermally insulated walls;
- Double overlapping static filters for separately removable washing water;
- Access to filters from both sides of the machine;
- Mechanical valves for the automatic maintenance of the wash water level in the holding tanks;
- Flushing water heating via steam coils with provision for condensate return to boiler;
- Automatic washing temperature management via digital temperature controller and solenoid valve for steam;
- Total tank drain with manual valve and overflow drain;
- Washing cages with horizontally developed nozzle tubes with adjustable working angle;
- Centrifugal fans with stainless steel scroll for air blades per drying stage with flow rate control;
- Adjustable drying air blades;
- Protective covers for the washing and drying stages with ‘EASY COVER’ opening system that can be opened from both sides of the machine, providing convenient access for adjustment, cleaning and maintenance;
- Predisposition for connection to the dedicated or centralised vapour extraction system represented by chimneys in the upper part of the bonnets with suction flow regulation system;
- Conveyor with thermoplastic modular belt or with stainless steel roller chain;
- Manually adjustable guides;
- Conveyor speed management via mechanical variator;
- Switchboard with stainless steel cabinet with the possibility of positioning it on the machine or separate from it.
A wide variety of accessories allows you to create the perfect machine for your needs:
- Possibility of lengthening the conveyor at both the infeed and outfeed of the machine in order to connect it to the upstream and downstream conveyors by side-by-side, thus minimising the width of the connecting chute between them and thus the risk of the processed formats tipping over when passing from belt to belt;
- The machine can be lifted to fit existing lines by adding a structure to which the machine can be fixed;
- Variation of conveyor speed by inverter;
- Pneumatically actuated steam valves for tank water heating system;
- Water level management system in tanks by means of programmable level sensors and pneumatically operated tank inlet valves;
- System for automatic water replacement in tanks without stopping the washing/drying cycle;
- Steam kit (the kit includes a steam pressure regulator dedicated to the machine, a safety valve, a filter and condensate drains);
- Set up INDUSTRY 4.0 ready;
- EASY’ automatic format changeover system, which independently sets the machine’s adjustments (width and height of guides, width and height of air blades for drying, conveyor speed, independent washing water temperature for the various stages), based on preset recipes selectable via touch-screen directly by the operator.
Our machines are designed according to a modular design principle. In fact, our range of machines is made up of a few models that have proven to be suitable for most applications, to which, however, it is possible to add many other models obtained by combining the various modules available. This allows us to offer the most suitable solution for the different needs the customer may have.